Magnetic cartridge for Rockola 1454

geschrieben von - posted by smt02 
Magnetic cartridge for Rockola 1454
29.04.16 17:51
Hi
I am looking to upgrade to a magnetic cartridge in my Rockola 1454, I am told the best ones to use or either sure or a Stanton, I know I will have to upgrade my amp with a pre amp
Does anyone know the best set up and will I have to change the tone arm cable as well
I am told the sound will improve hugely
B&K
Re: Magnetic cartridge for Rockola 1454
30.04.16 07:26
Hi Mr. unknown !

There is no need in a 1454 for a magnetic cartridge! With a perfekt original cartridge or a aftermarket one
the sound is really perfect. The Focus should be on your amp and on your big speaker , because there is
the " sound" !
My 1454 was upgradet with a reconed speaker and the amp was rebuild by myself and the output
was amazing .
Sorry , my opinion !

Regards Klaus
30.04.16 08:45
Hi klaus
Thanks that's good enough for me, mine sounds great and was just looking for any improvement if possible
Cheers
21.06.16 14:37
I made good experience with the Stanton 400V.3 , together with an preamplifier in my Tempo 2. It brings a really good sound, comparable to Seeburg. You have to connect the preamp separately to 220 V, thats the only issue.
But when connected correctly, it works really good. Parallel you should recone the speakers, that brings some improvement too.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in