Jensen J - 40 Stylus

geschrieben von - posted by maponi 
Jensen J - 40 Stylus
20.08.16 19:01
Hello
I have a old Jensen J - 40 jukebox that need a new Stylus/Cartridge. I have looked for a new stylus, but it seems to be hard to find. Can anyone help what I can do.
Look at photo taken of the old one.

Regards
Esben

Re: Jensen J - 40 Stylus
20.08.16 20:08
Neue Nadel oder Neues System das ist ein großer Unterschied . Die Nadel ist mit unter noch zu bekommen aber ein neues System nicht . Bevor du allerdings in Sachen System was unternimmst Prüfe alle Widerstände im Verstärker . Wahrscheinlich sind die alle Schrott .
20.08.16 20:40
Hello
Amplifier seems to work. but the rubber in the stylus is damaged, so the sound is no good.
If it is possible to get a new stylus it could be nice. Do you have a idea where I can find a new stylus?

Regards
Esben
22.08.16 16:02
Hello Esben,

From what we know there are no new produced styli available. The manufacturer did stop producing them already many years ago.
Sometimes one can find NOS styli. Those might work but one should pay attention to the rubbers. Because even without being in use the rubber can be hardened. The result will be sound distortion as well.

Check with John Durfee in USA. He still lists one of the reproductions of this needle made by Pfanstiehl - number 260-DS13.
[www.needles4turntables.com]
Email: Sales @ Needles4Turntables.com

Kind regards - Hildegard Stamann
23.08.16 17:34
Hello Hildegard

I will try to contact John. If he is not able to help me, I have to see if it is possible to build in another pickup. I can see that the amplifier need a inputsignal on 1,5 Ohm.
Do anyone know what alternative to use, to replase old the old pickup.

Thank You

Regards
Esben
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in