NSM

geschrieben von - posted by twedspeed 
NSM
03.01.17 12:37
Hi - I am restoring a NSM jukebox - Im not sure exactly what model it is - it could be a serenade - its has the words HIT PARADE - 45 UPM - DISCOTHEQUE- write on the glass and it holds 60 singles - Ive found a few pictures of it on google of it (although mine is in a lot worse condition )

I have got it working , and enjoy owning it - So far I have replaced all the drive belts and both the needles/ stylus - and I recently replaced the cash bag with one I found on ebay - the original had been eaten by moths !

The problems I am having at the moment are ...

The "B" side plays much louder and clearer than the "A" side - even tho I have replaced BOTH stylus,
The "B" sound has a HUM in the background .

Re: NSM
03.01.17 13:10
Hello twedspeed

A look at this site will help you to identify your NSM jukebox model.

[www.jukebox-world.de]

Reagarding the sound problem:
In most cases the problem is a faulty cartridge.

Regards
Roland
Re: NSM
04.01.17 11:57
Hello tweedspeed,

I guess your jukebox is Serenade Hit 130 with Discothèque feature. The Discothèque version allows an Album play and to set the credit unit for a special pricing (e.g. 2 plays = 1 album play). usually this jukebox is set up for playing bot 45 rpm (large center hole) and 33 rpm (small center hole) records.
Like Roland mentioned compare here - [www.jukebox-world.de] - upper right one.

It is possible that the cartridge is faulty on one side. The ceramic inside which creates the electrical signal can be corroded or even broken (though this usually means no volume).
Of course the wire connection of the cartridge should be checked.

Kind regards - Hildegard Stamann
Re: NSM A- side louder than the B
18.01.17 12:48
Hi thanks very much for your replies - My juke box does appear to be a SERANADE HIT 130 circa 1967 ??? (no top display case.)

I removed the Cartridge and had a look behind , it looks OK - The metal pin appears to line up with the sprung copper connector in the tone arm - While it was off , I swapped the two stylus around , (even tho they are both brand new) , and made sure they where clipped firmly inplace then refitted the cartridge and the turntable ........Sadly it is exactly the same . ??? The B side is still way more powerful and louder than the A -

I know could easily just turn my records around , but I would prefer to sort this problem properly , How do I check the thin wires and connector plug ? - Can I swap the wires with each other at the connector plug , would that help ???? What should I try next, any advice gratefully received,

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 18.01.17 14:06.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in