Seeburg 160 Wall-o-Matic

geschrieben von - posted by peter356 
Seeburg 160 Wall-o-Matic
08.01.17 09:18
Hello, I am a new member of the form and I am hoping someone can offer me some advice on a problem I am having with my Seeburg Wall-o-Matic jukebox, please.

After being in (dry) storage for about 3 years (due to a house move) I eventually started to recommission it and found that it would not pick up any selected 45's. Fortunately, this seems to have been resolved when I changed the two AO2 and one 6X4 valves (tubes) on the Selector chassis. However, the 'box will still not play the first few records selected until everything warms up....at least 5 or 6 minutes.The tone arm positions on the record but, immediately returns to rest. The record is then returned to the carriage and the next record positioned for playing. This cycle repeats several times until eventually it starts to play. From then on everything works fine. It is as though something hasn't warmed up sufficiently to work fully. I have tried substituting the 2050 (thyratron) and 12AX7 (pulse amp) valves on the Selector chassis but, this makes no difference. I have also carefully cleaned all of the contacts and reseated all of the valves.

I am hoping this might be a fairly common fault and someone out there has an idea of what next I can try.....many thanks.
Re: Seeburg 160 Wall-o-Matic
08.01.17 11:25
Um welche Box handelt es sich denn genau ? Könnte eine 222 sein aber auch genau so gut eine DS , AY , AQ oder LPC .
Wurde das Netzteil schonmal ordentlich überholt ?
08.01.17 12:20
Hello, Thanks for your reply.

The Jukebox consists of a Select-o-Matic mechanism with the chassis plate showing EHY-160 UR. This is coupled to a Tormat Selector unit TSU7 and an SHFA2 amplifier which powers a pair of Seeburg 'Teardrop' speakers. The wall unit is a Wall-o-Matic type HD-3WA.

I am not sure what you mean by "Wurde das Netzteil schonmal ordentlich überholt ?" (English...."Was the power supply already properly overtaken?" Does it mean was the power supply properly connected?

I have some pictures but they are too large to attach....almost 10Mb.

Best Regards - Peter
08.01.17 12:55
Hello Peter

I think Swen asks if the power supply (TSU) has already been revised.

Here in the archive there is a page of Tony Miller, a former Seeburg employee, with a detailed troubleshooting guide in English [www.west.net] . I hope it helps in troubleshooting. If you have further questions, we will try to help you.

Best regards - charly49
08.01.17 16:18
Thanks Guys,

I think 'Symptom 2' of Tony Miller's contribution looks like this might be the problem so, I now have something to work on. I am also going to read through 'Symptoms 1, 3 & 4' as these too look very informative.

I shall try and upload some pictures of jukebox (if anyone is interested), as it is quite a nice set up.

Best regards and thanks for your help - Peter
08.01.17 17:16
Hello Peter,

if you can't downsize the files of your photos you can send them by email to our address (stamann@jukebox-world.de) and we will be happy to post them here.

Best regards - Oliver Stamann
08.01.17 20:34
Hello Peter,
thanks for the photos of the wall box and the hide-away unit.

Best regards - Oliver

In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in