Seeburg 'Hideaway' Jukebox

geschrieben von - posted by peter356 
Seeburg 'Hideaway' Jukebox
19.02.17 13:03
Hello Everyone,

I have a Seeburg 'hideaway' jukebox comprising of a Selectomatic mechanism, a type HD-3WA '160' Wall-o-Matic wall unit, a TSU7 Tormat unit and an SHFA2 amplifier driving a pair of Seeburg 'Teardrop' speakers. The 'box works well except for a small issue when just two records will not select/pickup. I can select/pickup all of the other records fine but these two will not. Oddly, I can select and play the 'B' side of these records but not the 'A' sides. I have a service manual which has helped me to clean the many contacts and lubricate the mechanism. I have also changed several of the valves (tubes), for example both 2050 thyratron valves (stepper & trip) on the Tormat chassis plus the pulse amplifier 12AX7 valve along with the internal 0.05mfd resistor. I have also gently cleaned all of the contacts on the Tormat Memory Unit.

I would appreciate any suggestions received to remedy this problem. Many thanks.
Re: Seeburg 'Hideaway' Jukebox
20.02.17 15:18
Hello Peter,

Try the battery test on the A'side tormat lead and see if it selects these two selections that will not select from the wallbox.

If it selects all the A side records including the two none selections then the read out is ok on the Tormat so I would be looking for a faulty wallbox.

I would get the Ron Rich trouble shooting guides for Seeburg jukeboxes these may help you out.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
20.02.17 17:03
Thanks Alan, I shall try that and let you know if it is successful. Best Regards - Peter
21.02.17 10:15
Hello Peter,

I forgot to mention the best way to clean the tormat on a Seeburg is use a pencil rubber (eraser) on the contacts and then wipe with a lint free cloth.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
21.02.17 16:02
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the tip. I have not yet carried out the 'battery test' as I have just discovered that it is not just one selection my 'box will not play (L8), but all 'L' selections. Can't think why i never noticed this before. So, the issue seems to be related to just the 'L' numbers.Any ideas where I should start, please?

PS I shall do the battery test anyway. Thanks again - Peter356.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in