Rockola 1454 running fast

geschrieben von - posted by smt02 
Rockola 1454 running fast
12.09.17 14:02
Hi
I have a rockola 1454 and it runs really wall had a few problems in the past but only one issue is outstanding
The problem is the juke plays slightly fast, I purchased a new spring on this site some time ago along with grommets to cure a running noise problem, the spring was too long most probably because the motor or something was non standard, I cut the spring down and noticed less running noise but a higher speed roughly 45 revs in 52 seconds
Is the spring too slack, I don't want to make it too tight and increase the running noise
Any suggestions
The grommets where replaced and the drive wheel appears in good condition
Re: Rockola 1454 running fast
13.09.17 06:23
Same problem with my 1448
Had a conversion spring ( 60 >50 hrz )
Result : running too fast ,
Took a piece of emery cloth to sand away a small part of the conversion spring.( making the diameter smaller )
Using a strobe disk sanding away little by little till I had the right speed .

ps , just remove the idler wheel , turntable motor running , emery cloth and you get an even surface.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 13.09.17 06:33.
Re: Rockola 1454 running fast
21.09.17 18:02
hi
thank you very much for your very helpful post, it worked and the jukebox is now running at the correct speed, it was a long process but successful

hopefully i will have no more problems

just one thing the idler wheel on my juke can only be replaced as a unit is there anywhere where i can get the replacement rubber tyres from instead of wasting the full wheel,
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in