Replace selector casting / buttons on a wurlitzer 2000

geschrieben von - posted by NickDB 
Replace selector casting / buttons on a wurlitzer 2000
18.10.17 07:05
Hi Folks. I own a Wurlitzer 2000 and recently bought a newly chromed front cover "selector casting" and new letters and numbers buttons. I was hoping someone of you could help me with the best way to replace this piece/pieces.

I already unscrewed a couple of things, enough to know that the entire selector pushbutton mechanism is attached to the front casting, and way too many parts come out when I pull the casting out.

I decided that the best way to proceed was to unplug all the cables from the junction box, which gave me the possibility to pull out the selector casting in it's entirety. However it turns out that the mechanism behind the cancel button is wired to this casting, making it impossible to pull out the thing completely.

Not a big problem since I put the pieces on a table in front of the jukebox. I started unscrewing all parts, lighting, coin mouth etc but ended up getting stuck at the final four screws.

I think I need either a tilted scredriver, or disconnect the selector switch adjustments (parts 9,8,6) which I'm hesitant to do since the latch bar slector switch (7) is going into the lower parts. I didn't take a picture of the actual item sadly, but am I missing something here ? The screws I think I need to remove, have white arrows pointed at them on the picture.

Do I really need to disconnect it here or is there an easier way to do this, it seems like an awful lot of trouble to do this...
It scared me and I put the jukebox back together last night but I'm gutted I didnt go any further.

Re: Replace selector casting / buttons on a wurlitzer 2000
18.10.17 18:09
Hello NickDB

The wiring to the Cancel button is easy to solve. Two isolating tubes can be seen in your photo. These tubes contain so-called knife connectors, which can be disconnected without tools.

Best regards - charly49
Re: Replace selector casting / buttons on a wurlitzer 2000
19.10.17 17:10
Ah, ok, I'm gonna try this again tomorrow, thank you !

I will be posting photo's from how far I can get until the problem with the final screws arises.
Fingers crossed you'll be online too to maybe offer some guidance.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in